Stay Safe When Booking a Taxi in Abingdon
If you use taxi services regularly, need to book airport transfers or are considering the use of a chauffeur driven car for one-off events in or around the Abingdon area, we invite you to read our tips on passenger safety. Our private hire, executive hire and airport taxi company takes your wellbeing seriously. We want you to be completely safe even if you are using the taxi services of another company covering Abingdon and Oxfordshire.
Our taxi services are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. While it’s important to be vigilant at all times, we urge our Abingdon customers to be additionally cautious when booking airport transfers, chauffeur services or private hire vehicles at night.
- Always use a reputable taxi or chauffeur driven car company. The A to A Taxi Service carefully vets all drivers and we only hire personnel who pass CRB checks. It is safer to book a taxi over the telephone than it is to hail one from the roadside.
- Wait for your taxi or chauffeur driven car in a well-lit area if you have made a booking at night. Your driver will be able to see you more easily when he arrives to collect you, as will members of the general public in Abingdon.
- Never approach a cab or airport taxi if it looks like an ordinary car with nothing to identify it as a private hire vehicle. Unlicensed operators are working in the Abingdon and Oxfordshire areas so your safety cannot be assured.
- Never share rides or book airport transfers with strangers. While most people have good intentions, others may not. This is particularly important if you are looking to book a taxi to share with a stranger late at night.
- When entering a taxi or a chauffeur driven car, make sure the driver has his ID on display. Pay particular attention to the photograph and make sure it matches the driver. Our drivers always have their ID available.
- Don’t be afraid to ask your taxi driver to take a preferred route if it makes you feel safer. We respect the wishes of our Abingdon customers and want you to feel completely safe when you use us for taxi hire or airport transfers.
- If you plan to use a taxi or a chauffeur driven car on your own after a night out or a special event, consider limiting your alcohol intake. If you are likely to be drinking, always arrange to share a taxi home with a friend.
- We recommend that any passenger travelling alone in Abingdon sits in the back seat and to the opposite side of the driver, particularly at night. Again, it’s very important to specify the route you would like to take if you have any concerns.
- Make sure the driver of your private hire vehicle, airport taxi or chauffeur driven car drops you off at the location you have specified. If you are worried for your safety, ask the driver to wait until you are inside your home.
- When booking airport transfers or rides home after a night out in Abingdon, always be aware of your surroundings, where you are and your own personal safety. Having a friend escort you to your taxi is always a good idea.